Friday, July 1, 2011

Reload

I was given a really nice laptop at work as a scan/test box, so I loaded it up with Fedora 15 and Windows 7. I'll take this one to SANS with me in a couple of weeks. I realized as I started adding tools that it had been a really long time since I had updated my list that comprise my toolbox. So I just  added a few basics while I gave it some thought. I do very little vuln assessment and no pen testing, so the majority of any tools I install would be analysis related, with the exception of some to generate packets or do a quick port scan. Here's what I've put on so far..

nmap
ngrep
hping
dsniff
etherape
iptraf
scapy
ipcalc
p0f
hexedit
wireshark

And to be installed...

netdude
chaosreader.pl
xprobe
xtractr


Now to find that old list and update it with the new stuff I've found lately..

Suggestions?

No comments:

Blog Archive